Priory Bowls Club
Priory Bowls Club was formed in 1926 originally playing their games at Southsea Castle under the name of East Anglian Whist Club, 3 years later in 1929 they moved to Milton Park. It wasn't until 1934 they changed their name to Priory Bowls Club, taking their name from the road running outside the Milton Park green where they still play their matches.
The club currently have 43 members forming 4 teams playing in the P & D B A leagues, Priory are in League 1 whilst the 2 Combination sides, Priory B and Priory C are in Combination League 1. There is also a Midweeks Triples side in the Town Red League.
Over the season apart from participating in league matches the club run a number of competitions both singles & team competitions. Priory BC also play a few friendlies against clubs outside the local area along with pre season games against local sides.
The club is managed by a Management Committee made up of Officers of the club & voted on members. The Officers of the Club are voted for at a pre season AGM.
The club is part of the Milton Park Bowling Association which was formed in 1991 and consists of the 4 clubs residing on the 2 greens at Milton Park. The clubs forming the association are Priory BC, Eastney BC, Milton Park BC & Milton Park Ladies BC.